- A maximum of 12 learners in Grade 1 and 2, a maximum of 14 learners from Grade 3 to 7.
- Whole Brain approach to academics.
- Experienced, highly qualified, empathetic and caring staff that are specifically trained in learning difficulties.
- A multi-disciplinary team, working in close liaison with the class teacher.
- A multi-sensory approach to learning.
- The recognition of different learning styles and brain preferences.
- Concessions for Grades 4-7 include: scribes, readers, visual aids, extra time, laptops, tablets, voice recording of lessons (optional)
- Annual participation in the Conquesta Olympiad and the Metro North Education District Maths Competition, Living Maths Olympiads.
- CAPS curriculum as per National standards. Lessons have been adapted to suit each learners' specific learning style
Specialist Academic Support:
- Regular parent workshops.
- 6 week Perceptual Programme for all Grade 1 learners which commences at the start of each new academic year.
- Brain profiling for all learners.
- Integration of Cognet thinking skills for Foundation Phase learners.
- Language development and auditory processing in addition to the standard curriculum.
- Individual Support Plans for each learner which is reviewed every 6 months.
- An all-inclusive reading, comprehension and vocabulary programme in addition to the standard curriculum
- Bridging classes for Grade 4 learners
- Support of specific barriers to learning by providing visual clues as well as the aforementioned concessions
- Integrated Team Boards (Interactive white boards) in all Intermediate Phase classes
- Identifying brain profiles and promoting whole brain thinking. For more information please visit Whole Brain Thinking
- COGNET (Cognitive Enrichment Network Education Model) click here to read more
A Unique Discipline Programme:
- Monday Assemblies where learners receive certificates for non-academic achievements
- A positive, solutions based discipline system
- On-going recognition
- Quarterly, individual goal setting and strategies
- The goal for each learner is to come to the realisation that they are wonderfully unique and have a gift to offer the world
- To build character, integrity and responsibility through mentoring and leadership
- Shelanti Enrichment Programme - drama, drumming band, vocal group and MiniChess
- An integrated Visual Arts programme focusing on teamwork and the building of self-confidence through the arts
- Celebrating special occasions and events on our Annual National calendar i.e. Arbour week, Water week, Bio-Diversity week and Spring day, Valentines Day picnic, Kindness Week
- Annual VIP Day (Moms, Dads, Grandma's, Grandpa's, Uncles and Aunties! Anyone special is invited!)
- Annual Art Exhibition
- Vocal Group
- Marimba Band
- Living Maths Club
- Chess Coaching
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Education through the use of the chess board and the game of chess. Read more
- Living Maths is a mathematically-based enrichment programme that makes Maths FUN through innovative learning and teaching.
- Read more
Aftercare and homework classes exclusive to Shelanti learners:
ABC tutors and Aftercare is a privately owned after school care facility, made available to our learners