Different learning styles for unique talents
Shelanti Private School
We are a registered, private, remedial school in the Blaauwberg area, that caters for children with Average to High Average Intellectual Potential, with mild to moderate support needs including dyslexia, dyscalculia, apraxia, dyspraxia, dysgraphia, concentration difficulties and autistic spectrum syndromes. Shelanti Private School believes in a holistic approach to learning and considers a strong self-esteem and self-confidence as crucial to successful learning. Shelanti Private School’s environment is small, loving and accepting, with class sizes that range from 8-14 learners. Shelanti Private School uses an inclusive teaching approach to learning, which is the key to inclusivity.
What is inclusive teaching
Shelanti Remedial School | Parklands, Cape Town
Our Academic Values :
- A maximum of 12 learners in Grade 1 and 2, a maximum of 14 learners from Grade 3 to 7.
- A Whole Brain approach to academics.
- Experienced, highly qualified, empathetic and caring staff that are specifically trained in remedial teaching and learning barriers.
- A multi-disciplinary team, working in close liaison with the class teacher.
- A multi-sensory approach to learning.
- The recognition of different learning styles and brain preferences through Enrichment Programmes.
- Concessions for Grades 4-7 include: scribes, readers, visual aids, extra time, laptops, tablets, voice recording of lessons (optional and subject to application).
- Annual participation in the Conquesta Olympiad and the Metro North Education District Maths Competition.
- CAPS curriculum as per National standards. Lessons have been adapted to suit each learners' specific learning style.