Shelanti is a leading private remedial school in Cape Town, we focus on special education consisting of inclusive learning for children with learning difficulties.
Even though we are an independent school we adhere to the national curriculum; of course, our approach is a more personal one than that of a mainstream school. Our classrooms remain relatively small so that the teachers can focus on assisting each individual child with the care and attention they need.
Request a tour today
Shelanti Remedial School | Parklands, Cape Town
Our Academic Values :
- A maximum of 12 learners in Grade 1 and 2, a maximum of 14 learners from Grade 3 to 7.
- A Whole Brain approach to academics.
- Experienced, highly qualified, empathetic and caring staff that are specifically trained in remedial teaching and learning barriers.
- A multi-disciplinary team, working in close liaison with the class teacher.
- A multi-sensory approach to learning.
- The recognition of different learning styles and brain preferences through Enrichment Programmes.
- Concessions for Grades 4-7 include: scribes, readers, visual aids, extra time, laptops, tablets, voice recording of lessons (optional and subject to application).
- Annual participation in the Conquesta Olympiad and the Metro North Education District Maths Competition.
- CAPS curriculum as per National standards. Lessons have been adapted to suit each learners' specific learning style.
Contact us today for more information